1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk of choice
1 tbps pure maple syrup
3 apples peeled and diced
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup water
1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Place diced apples, water and ¼ tsp cinnamon into small pot, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes until apple’s have soften and water has almost completely evaporated.
- Place wholemeal self-raising flour, maple, baking powder, ½ tsp. cinnamon, milk, egg and half the cooked apples into a large bowl whisk until combined.
- Place beef and onions into casserole dish and add tinned tomatoes, water, diced carrots and potato
- Place 1 tsp of coconut oil into a large non-stick pan heat on medium heat. Spoon pikelet mixture into pan and allow bubbles to come to the surface before flipping and cooking until golden on both sides, continue with remaining mixture.
- Once cooked top each serve with remaining apple and enjoy.
Makes 4 serves with 3 pikelets per serve at 265 calories per serve